Monday, January 27, 2020

Graduating to “Grand” status!


Graduating to “Grand” status!

Being a MOM is fun! That said, being a mom with 3 girls within 4.5 years was stressful along with it. That was 2 in diapers at a time, from 1998 to 2004 at least! That was 3 princesses who think they had to change 14 times a day. That was 3 times the boyfriend problems and “mean” girl problems. Three times that MOM and Dad had no clue what they were talking about and three times the “Save me from my mess”.

Now I have graduated to NANA! Yes! My 2 oldest have both had boys. Think of it! 21 years of hair-bows, party dresses and fingernail polish and I get BOYS! Rough and tumble. Mud and dirt. Frogs and bugs. I had sisters then girls! Now my sisters and I as well as my girls were outdoorsy and tomboyish. But I can’t wait to see how these boys react to all the camping and cookouts.

Tay’s B-man is 20 months and OMG it is so different. He jumps off things and crashes, then he gets up and does it again. My girls would have done it the first time and got hurt and stopped. NOPE! B-man is a daredevil. And soooo dramatic! He loves to pick things up and sneak off. If he gets caught he will throw it as far as he can. If he gets in trouble, he acts like the world is ending. Flopping and waving his arms. Not quite a tantrum, but his will be epic!

X is 4 months. Sis had him on 9/11. What a way to celebrate! Bringing a child into the world on that day…Anyway, X has a ton of personality already. He is desperate to communicate and run. He bounces and burbles trying to be heard. He is finally sitting up enough to be in the bouncer. He loves it so much! He is trying baby food out too. He will be a foodie. He gets so excited when that spoon gets close!

AND they are both BIG boys. They are So tall. I had tiny girls so this was unexpected. B-man started walking right at 1 and he could already reach our bar.  Now you have to be sure to put stuff up or it’s gone. LOL, he is sneaky about it too.  X is in the 95th percentile for his age. His daddy is over 6 feet tall and sis is 5’7”, so he’s going to be TALL. We are in for a ton of fun with these two.

Being a Nana is so much better than I thought it would be. I pictured handing a stinky child to his mom saying, “not my job” and laughing. I do that, lol, but it is so much more. They are snuggley, sweet and lovey. I get kisses and hugs. Playing with them is so much fun. And at the end I get to say, “where’s mommy?”.

Watching SD being Papa is great! He always wanted a boy and now he is loving it. Rough housing and wrestling. He did that with the girls, but he says it’s different. He is helping T out and watching B-man for a few hours right now between contracts. He loves it!

Our family is growing! We are loving this growth and look forward to more and more!


The main purpose of this post is for me to pour out my blessings and get those pesky troubles out of my head. If this Blog helps you in any way that is just a bonus. I would love to pray for you and yours if you need it just say.