Friday, April 26, 2013

I Just Realized…I Have NO Friends




            At my daughter’s soccer practice, I see MOM’s everywhere. MOM’s who work at home, those who have jobs outside the home, and those who are employed by their family. I know enough to be aware that these ‘domestic engineers’ have a lot of tasks they take care of. But don’t we employed MOM’s have the same tasks with less time to accomplish them?

I have often wondered how these MOM’s that don’t work fill their days. I’m sure that I could fill a reasonable amount of time, but all day every day? Not sure. Then I noticed how they seem to have other MOM’s that also don’t “work” that they spend time with. If I remember correctly, from my school days, these were called friends.

            Now don’t get me wrong, I have friends. I am on Facebook and at last count I have327 “friends”. Now, I just recently started Twittering and don’t have as many “friends” there, but I follow a lot of people. I know that these “friends”, while some may be from my school days, and some may just be faces I recognize , they are not the same as the friends these MOM’s have.

            I keep telling myself I have a husband and kids and my life is full enough, but I am feeling the need to socialize with women my own age. Not just about the kids and what they have scheduled next, but heartfelt discussions. I need to feel like I am a part of something outside of being a MOM and wife.

            The beginning of my mini, early, early, mid-life crisis has been the question of my employment. I have wondered of late, if my job is where I need to be. In the growth of my family and my journey with the Lord, I feel that I am being held down and stuck in my current job. I know it is stressful for me as well as my husband. I know that other jobs will be too, but I have always worked. My husband has always said he doesn’t want me working. I know he would like it if I was to not work at all.

 I am not sure if I can be a stay-at-home MOM. It wouldn’t be as hard now at it would have been ten years ago. Now my youngest is 11 and not in need of me hourly. Now I might be able to look into a work-from-home job. I have always wanted that, but never had the connections I need to get it started. I am not sure if I am being directed elsewhere for other employment or schooling. I just know I need to start looking for those windows, because it seems as if a door might be closing soon.

            In all of this…pray for me. I am, and will continue to pray on this.



            Till next time……